Choosing the roofing system that best complements your home's aesthetic is important, but it's even more important that the material is appropriate for your home's pitch and climate. That's why it's a good idea to stick with a roofer that is intimately familiar with Dallas roofing systems and the best options for individual needs. Call CLC Roofing Inc. today to get started!
Taken from the article:
"What to Look for in a Roof
There are many factors to consider when selecting a roof including:
- How long will it last?
- Does it hold up during natural disasters such as wildfires or hurricanes?
- Is it too heavy for the existing roof framing?
- Does the roof have enough slope?
- Will the look complement the style of the house?
- Are the materials eco-friendly and recyclable?
- Is the type of roofing allowed by local building codes?
- And finally, how much does it cost?
Pros and Cons
Some types of roofing may be better suited for your house than others. Factors such as the slope of the roof and strength of the framing could limit your choices. In areas prone to wildfires or hurricanes, look for a product with a high fire rating or good wind resistance. In addition, steps can be taken during the installation of many types of roofing to improve their resistance to fire or wind. Below is a rundown on the different types of roofing available."
Originally Posted on: Do You Have the Right Roofing for Your Dallas Home?